News Archive Articles from MESD News and Other Sources
MESD Strategic Plan Summative
Year 1 2017-2018
Year 1 of the strategic plan was about system building - creating the right conditions and processes to allow the work to become more intentional, aligned and efficient. We are also working towards how to track incremental success and gauge our progress in an consistent and measurable way.
Improve outcomes for students
Highlight: MESD Program Report Cards were initiated and created this year and will be finalized this summer.
• The next step for report cards are to align and work on automation.
• We are starting to make meaningful and measurable connections between literacy, social-emotional and PD supports.
• MESD became a candidate and is on the pathway to accreditation system-wide by the end of SY18-19.
Become an acknowledged leader and convener for improving educational outcomes
Highlight: Creation of Data Sharing Agreement IGA
• Working with Cascade Technology Alliance (CTA) to streamline data sharing.
Increase district and community participation and satisfaction with our services
Highlight: Creation, distribution and analysis of district and partner surveys gave us valuable information, demonstrating that districts are satisfied with MESD services and showing us where we have room to improve.
• A district survey and partner engagement survey were distributed in 2018.
• We are looking at ways to create opportunities for increased parent engagement.
Agency aligns actions to priority outcomes
Highlight: We now have a coherent process for updating and monitoring the work happening within the strategic plan.
• The work is happening across all strategy areas, and baseline data is not fully available for all strategies. The remainder of the baseline data will be available in Year 2 of the strategic plan.
Attract, develop and retain high-quality staff
Highlight: Capturing and measuring the data in the dashboard has influenced the work and helps the HR dept put more effort into the strategies. This process is also keeping the department more consistent and accountable.
• Evaluation data will be captured in the summer to give us a baseline for evaluations completed across the agency
Filter Posts by Topic
Filter Posts by Date
Board of Directors
Mission / Strategic Plan
Facts About MESD
MESD Jobs: Now Hiring
-:- More About MESD -:-
News & Trainings
-:- More Events -:-
Arata / Burlingame Creek
Four Creeks / Knott Creek
Ocean Dunes High School
Riverside / Three Lakes HS
-:- More Schools -:-
Alt. Pathways / Bars 2 Brdgs
Donald E. Long / Yamhill
LTCT: Wynne Watts
-:- More Programs -:-
Cascade Technology Alliance
School Health Services
-:- More Services -:-
Centennial / Corbett
D. Douglas / Grshm-Barlow
Parkrose / Portland Public
Reynolds / Riverdale
School / District Search
-:- More About Districts -:-
School / District Search
FlashAlert / Closure Guide
State Testing & Opt-Out
-:- More for Parents -:-
Gmail / Change Password
Timecard / IFAS / Business +
Injury Report (SIA)
MESD Design & Style Guide
-:- More Staff Resources-:-
11611 NE Ainsworth Circle
Portland, OR 97220
-:- More Contact Info -:-
Multnomah Education Service District prohibits discrimination and harassment on any basis protected by law, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability or perceived disability, pregnancy, familial status, economic status, veterans' status, parental or marital status or age. For more information and detail on MESD's non-discrimination policies, including procedures and contact information for reporting discrimination, please visit the MESD Non-Discrimination, Harassment & Bullying Notice page.
Multnomah Education Service District is in the process of making its electronic and information technologies accessible to individuals with disabilities. If you have suggestions or comments please contact the Office of Strategic Engagement: 503-257-1516. For more information, visit the Collaborative Accessibility page.